Commitment To Your Privacy
Information CHG Gathers And How It Is Used
CHG gathers three types of information about users:
1. Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. Examples include on-line forms, applications, e-mails or information input into our Member Portal that are submitted in order to learn more about our product lines, health education classes, employment, or manage your membership information. As a visitor, you do not have to give us personally-identifiable information to visit our web site. Certain features of our web site, such as our Member Portal, require that you register or create an online account. To register or create an account we will collect certain personal information such as your name, social security number, or member identification number. If you choose to provide us with such information through an e-mail message, form, application, survey, as part of a registration process, etc., we will only use the information to respond to your question, to fill the stated purpose of the communication, to provide products, services, and information, as required by law or regulation, in compliance with a valid legal process (i.e., subpoena, court order), or to enhance your experience on CHG’s web site by developing interactive or personalized elements or future web site content based on the interests of our visitors. Please note, however, that if you choose to send personal information, it is done at your own risk. If you send CHG incomplete information, CHG will make an effort to process your request. However, CHG is not responsible for obtaining the missing information, and your request may not be processed.
2. Information CHG obtains through aggregated tracking. This is derived by tallying the pages the users visited throughout our web site. This helps us continue to build a better service for you by allowing us to tailor our content to our users’ needs. Examples may include the following:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an America Online™ account).
- IP (internet protocol) address.
- The date and time of your visit.
- The pages you visited.
- The address of the web site you were accessing immediately prior to visiting CHG’s web site.
The data CHG collects is not linked to any personal information that can identify you or any other visitor to our web site. CHG does not disclose, sell, trade, rent, transfer or share individual personal information about its users with third parties unless required by law, regulation, in compliance with a valid legal process (i.e., subpoena, court order), or by the individual who has submitted the information. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
3. Information that users who are CHG members, or representatives of CHG members, provide to us in connection with their optional, voluntary submission of a member grievance via the CHG web site (referred to as an “online grievance”). Members do not have to give us personally-identifiable information to visit our web site. However, to submit an online grievance, it is necessary for the member to provide certain personally-identifiable information in order to submit the grievance. If a member chooses to provide us with such information through CHG’s online grievance system, the information is safeguarded against improper disclosure in accordance with our privacy policies and procedures. We will maintain the information for at least five (5) years from the time the member’s grievance is resolved, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note that if a member chooses to send personal information, it is done at his or her own risk. If a member sends CHG incomplete information related to the grievance, CHG will make an effort to process the grievance, but may need to contact the member for additional information in order to resolve the grievance. Members should make sure any address or phone number changes are reported promptly to CHG. CHG may use the information a member submits voluntarily to enhance members’ experiences on its web site. CHG may use such information to develop interactive or personalized elements or future web site content based on the interests expressed by members.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
CHG does not send unsolicited e-mail messages to users. E-mail messages sent to users are strictly limited to e-newsletter subscriptions, responses to questions or for other purposes in which the user has specifically requested the message.
CHG’S Internal Security & Privacy Practices
CHG strives to operate a secure data network protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only a limited number of CHG employees have access to the information provided by our web site users. Our programs help us to monitor, identify and prevent the unauthorized access, use, and/or vandalism of our web site and network computer systems. CHG reserves the right to deny access to any part of its web site. Please note that CHG uses encryption technology to help protect the privacy of your information. Despite CHG’s security measures, you should be aware that there is no guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not attempt to intercept or access the information contained on our web site or that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our security measures.
Disclosures To Enroll In Health Education Classes
If a user requests CHG to enroll them in a health education class, CHG will disclose such user’s information to the clinics and/or providers who will conduct the requested health education class. We ask that the clinics and/or providers refrain from disclosing users’ information for purposes other than enrolling the user in its health education class.
Links To Other Web Sites
Your Consent and Access to Your Information
You can access and update certain information we have by signing into your account. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can contact us at the address set forth below under “Contact Information”.
We welcome your comments and questions about privacy. Please feel free to contact us at the following address.
Community Health Group
Attn: IS Compliance & Support Analyst
2420 Fenton Street, Suite 100
Chula Vista, CA 91914
Last update August 7th, 2015